This recipe is low-calorie, healthy and yummy, but most importantly, it is super easy and simple. The only ingredients you will need are baby carrots, pork shoulder, spring onions, ginger, garlic, soy sauce and sweetener (sugar or natural sweetener), only 3 for mains and 4 for the marinade. Try this simple and healthy recipe for your enjoyable table.
400g mixed-colour baby carrots (or mixed-coloured carrots and parsnips)
400g pork shoulder
8 spring onions
3tbsp soy sauce
2tbsp xylitol (or 1.5tbsp sugar)
10g grated ginger
10g grated garlic
1. Trim all the baby carrots, chop the spring onion and chop the pork into 3cm chunks.
2. Grate the garlic and ginger for the marinade, or prepare the 1 teaspoon of garlic and ginger paste each.
3. Put a large shallow casserole pan on a high heat and place the diced pork in the pan with 1 tablespoon of olive oil and pinch of black pepper and sea salt.
3. Add the trimmed carrots and cook for 12 minutes, or until everything is golden, tossing regularly.
4. Add a splash of water to the pan to deglaze it, then stir in the spring onions and all the ingredients for the marinade.
5. Cook for another 3 minutes, tossing regularly until it is all shiny.
Choose the fresh ingredients from the local markets with affordable prices and make your own food at home, not the instant food just for 15 - 20 minutes!
Eat healthy, simple and savoury food every day with Juicy.